Your Health Care & Open Enrollment
October 11, 2021 | By Manisha Gupta
By Manisha Gupta, AWM Financial Planning Lead & Candidate for CFP® certification
Early fall is open enrollment season for many health insurance plans. The health care plan you choose will have a meaningful financial impact for the next year. Choose wisely!
Which open enrollment applies to you?
- W-2 employees: Typically runs from late October to the end of November.
- Self-Employed: Using the health insurance marketplace – November 1, 2021 through December 15, 2021
- Medicare Enrollees: Open enrollment for existing Medicare enrollees starts October 15, 2021 and ends on December 7, 2021.
Need more help? Check out this new program…
We can help educate you about the different types of plans, but advising on specific options requires specialized knowledge of the industry.
That’s why we have recently partnered with Caribou Healthcare Advisors to offer independent guidance. They are not brokers, so they are not motivated by a commission. Caribou provides a network of health care advisors who are experts in health care coverage and Medicare, and can help you navigate these complexities so your coverage is the best fit for you.
Caribou launched a program called Office Hours to deliver health insurance insights and guidance. From Oct. 4th to Nov. 30th, you will be able to schedule a free 15-minute call with a health insurance expert to discuss any questions or concerns you have about your insurance plan options. You can choose to receive a full analysis for a $250 fixed fee, or further one-on-one consultation for an hourly rate.
- I’m turning 65 soon. How do I sign up for Medicare and for which specific policy?
- I am self-employed, what are my best options?
- What happens to my health insurance if I sell my business or retire?
- Am I over-insured? Under-insured?
- I don’t like my insurance policy. Can I make changes?
- How can I estimate and possibly lower my drug costs?
Sign up for a free 15-minute session
If you are interested in signing up for a call through the Office Hours program, simply reach out to us and we can help you schedule a call with a health care advisor.
- For more suggestions on how to navigate your open enrollment and Medicare choices, listen to our recent podcast with Christine Simone, co-founder of Caribou
Return to Blog Page