Client Service Associate
We are seeking a Client Service Associate to join our operations team in supporting our advisors and clients. We are looking for a problem solver with ample initiative to go above and beyond to help our clients, and a colleague who wants to be part of an independent, rapidly growing Austin-based RIA firm with a big future.
The role has three primary components: 1) onboarding new clients, 2) servicing existing clients, and 3) handling general office administration. Additionally, our operations team serves clients through three main areas: investments, insurance, and marketing. If you have experience or expertise in investments or insurance, we would love to talk to you!
- You must have prior experience in a client/customer service role. Do you take pride in providing an exceptional customer experience?
- You must be highly detail-oriented. Do you check your emails and work two or more times before submitting? Are you conscientious about follow-through?
- You must be a responsible self-starter and take pride in the ability to work independently. Are you a bit of a detective? Do you try to figure things out on your own?
- You must be highly analytical. Do you enjoy solving puzzles and riddles? Do you take pride in solving complex problems?
- You must be technically proficient. Are you comfortable working on a computer all day, navigating multiple online platforms and databases? Are you comfortable working with cloud-based storage?
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Are you comfortable speaking with and emailing clients on a daily basis?
- You should enjoy and be ready to learn from a dynamic and changing work environment since we are in growth mode.
- Create paperwork (mostly digital) for new accounts and process requests for advisory teams and clients promptly and accurately
- Directly interface with clients daily through email and phone calls: answering questions, troubleshooting problems, and providing guidance
- Collaborate with team members and advisors to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Maintain and update cloud-based file systems
- Enter integral data into our core systems (Salesforce/Orion/PreciseFP/AdvicePay/Docusign)
- Monitor and provide status updates on client account and insurance pipelines
- Monitor alerts from custodians and apprise advisor and investment teams
- Process monetary transactions through the custodial websites
- Maintain and update client agreements
- Contribute to operational improvements and innovation across our operations and client service project management stack
- Assist with marketing projects and client events
- Perform office duties such as answering phones, scheduling meetings, checking mail, ordering office supplies, and mailing/scanning paperwork
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience in a similar role
- Minimum 2 years in a client/customer service role in a professional environment, preferably in financial services, insurance, accounting, or legal industry
- Knowledge of basic financial planning concepts
- Positive, responsive, and reliable, with superior follow-through
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience with Google Workspace (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Meet), DocuSign (or similar application), and video conferencing software
Additional Preferred Experience
- Experience with major custodial platforms (Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Fidelity)
- Experience with insurance applications and/or the underwriting processes
- Experience with financial and wealth management systems (Salesforce, Orion, eMoney)