This position lies at the heart of the administrative management of the investment department primarily focusing on trading and database management. You will be responsible for taking care of investment portfolios. This means managing cash flows, executing trades, implementing new portfolios.
This is a technical job. It involves managing complex systems and integrating platforms to create scaleable investment management processes. It requires efficiently processing volumes of data and making decisions in the best interest of clients. Every work day requires analysis, problem solving and taking action.
This is also a communications job. It requires collaborating with financial advisors and the rest of the investment and administrative team.
Our firm is growing fast. We are looking for someone with energy, intellectual curiosity and ambition to build.
If you have done these things, your background may be a great fit:
- Experience with major custodial platforms (Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Fidelity)
- Experience with Orion, Tamarac or similar investment management platforms
- Experience trading securities in client accounts
- Database management
These are also helpful:
- Basic coding skills
- CFA or CFA-track
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits in addition to a flex-work arrangement that allows for maximum productivity and work/life balance. We pay incentive compensation for individual excellence, revenue contributions, and overall firm revenue growth.
Onboarding New Clients
- Assist Portfolio Manager in
- Analysis of current investments
- Analysis of cost basis and tax liability
- Creation of new investment portfolio proposal
- Account Setup (Orion, Pontera)
Serving Existing Clients
- Prepare for client review meetings
- Data Reconciliation/Performance Discrepancies
- Implementation of new portfolios
- Set up dollar-cost-averaging programs and systematic withdrawals
- Cash management
- Tax-loss harvesting
- Constant improvement to trading systems
- Manage quarterly billing process
- Maintain record for regulatory compliance
- Evaluate and deploy new technologies
- General maintenance of database (data recon, performance discrepancies, account audits, etc.)
This position is foundational for multiple possible career paths:
a) Investment Operations – portfolio management systems, internal communication focus
b) Portfolio Management – integrating investment strategies with financial plans, client communication focus