2017 Market Recap
January 16, 2018 | By Kevin Smith
Here are some interesting highlights from 2017:
- Emerging market stocks +37% vs US Stock market +21%
- US Large Cap Growth index +30%, led by tech sector
- Top performing developed market countries: Austria +51%, Denmark +35%
- Top performing emerging market countries: Poland +54%, China +51%
- Developed market currency most appreciated vs US dollar: Euro +14%
- Global Real Estate +16% vs US Real Estate +4%
- Commodities: +2% index, -37% natural gas, +30% aluminum, +12% gold
Some of the most common inquiries we received in 2017.
- Is it time to sell? The market seems expensive.
- New money to invest – should I wait for a dip?
- Investing in the marijuana industry
- Trump – good or bad for markets?
- Tax law overhaul impact
- Geopolitical tensions
Posted in: Uncategorized
Return to Blog Page